Residents and businesses in the areas of Spring Garden Highway, Black Rock and Brighton, experienced a power outage this afternoon after a large tree fell, breaking a utility pole.
A statement from Barbados Light and Power Company said a number of crews were on site working to replace the broken pole and the transmission wires in order to restore electricity services.
The fallen tree caused a backup of traffic along the highway, as the fallen wires made it difficult for tall vehicles to travel along the affected area.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- Mobile App