St James resident, Raphael Earlmer Jordan is due to reappear in court on July 21 to answer to several drugs charges.
He arrived on a flight from Jamaica on Monday and was searched by Customs, when 23 packages of cannabis weighing seven kilograms were discovered hidden among articles of clothing in his suitcase.
Jordan was charged with possession of cannabis, possession with intent to supply, trafficking, and importation.
He was subsequently detained in relation to the investigation.
Jordan appeared in the District C Magistrates Court on Tuesday and pleaded not guilty to the charges.
He was granted bail in the sum of $15,000 with two sureties, to reappear in the District B Magistrates court on July 21.
- Tremor jolts Jamaica
- GUYANA - Baby dies after brother feeds him rat poison
- THE BAHAMAS - No ‘rest’ for killer
- REGIONAL - Aide-de-camp to Bahamas’ GG gunned down in front of daughter
- REGIONAL - Counsellor says one suicide committed every week in Jamaica
- JAMAICA - Family, teachers, classmates mourn teen
- Mobile App