Power has been restored to residents and businesses on Spring Garden Highway, Black Rock and Brighton, after a utility pole was broken by a fallen tree earlier this afternoon.
The incident occurred shortly after midday.
Crew members from the Barbados Light and Power Company worked through the afternoon to replace the broken pole and the transmission wires in order to restore electricity services.
The fallen tree caused a backup of traffic along the highway, as the fallen wires made it difficult for tall vehicles to travel along the affected area.
The Barbados Light & Power Company said power was restored shortly before 6:00 p.m.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App