A police officer is being treated at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) for gunshot wounds to his left shoulder, sustained in an incident at Melrose, St Thomas shortly after midnight last night.
The unnamed detective from the Criminal Investigative Department (CID), along with other officers, were fired upon by an unknown assailant when they responded to a report in the area. The injured officer was taken by colleagues to the QEH.
There have been no arrests so far.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- Mobile App