GEORGETOWN – Defending champions Barbados crushed Jamaica by eight wickets in the Round 2 of the Regional Women’s Super50 Tournament at Enmore yesterday.
Jamaica were bowled out for a paltry 47 in 19 overs after winning the toss.
No player reached double-figures.
Medium-pacer Deandra Dottin was the main wrecker with four for 13 off three overs.
Fellow West Indies Women’s team-mates, fast bowlers Shamilia Connell and Shakera Selman took three for 11 and two for 18 off seven overs each.
Barbados reached their target in 11.5 overs with Player-of-the-Match Dottin hitting the top score of 19 not out off 17 balls including two fours and one six.
Captain Shaquana Quintyne made 17 and her West Indies Women’s team-mate, opener Hayley Matthews 12 not out. (BCA)
Photo credit – WICB
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App