The Barbados Hotel and Tourism Association (BHTA) has appointed its new Board for the 2016 –2018 period, headed by new Chairman Roseanne Myers.
Other members of the Board include Immediate Past Chairman Sunil Chatrani; First Vice-Chairman Jerry Lewis; Second Vice-Chairman Kavita Sandiford; Vice President – Finance Colin Jordan; Vice President – Direct Tourism Services (DTS) Allan Kinch; Chairperson – DTS Vanita Commission; Chairperson – Luxury Class, Karen Capaldi; Chairperson – A Class Paul Collymore, and Chairperson – B Class & Apartments Robyn Gollop-Knight.
Also on the Board are representatives of the Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc., William Griffith, Barbados Tourism Product Authority, Dr Kerry Hall, Intimate Hotels, Omar Allahar and Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association, Patricia Affonso-Dass.
Myers is the first Direct Tourism Services (DTS) member ever to hold the position of Chairman, a historic move that has been lauded by Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association`s (CHTA) CEO and Director General, Frank J. Comito.
“You are following in Barbados’ great tradition of providing stellar industry leadership and it is a testament to your professional success that you have ascended to the highest post on behalf of the industry.
“Doing so as a member of the ‘T’ in BHTA is no small accomplishment and is a tribute to the inclusive approach to the industry, which BHTA has led regionally over the years, developmentally and programmatically,” Comito said.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App