The search by police for wanted man Romario Lashley has ended in his shooting death.
Lashley, who allegedly shot 35-year-old police officer Shane Newton of Foul Bay, St Philip on July 9, has been on the run ever since then from the authorities.
However, Barbados TODAY understands that after police executed a search warrant at 4th Avenue, Harts Gap, Christ Church this afternoon, a confrontation ensued in which Lashley was shot multiple times.
He was taken to the QEH by ambulance where he was pronounced dead just after 5 p.m.
His mother Maxine, who had earlier appealed to the 20-year-old Downes Gap, Arthur Seat St. Thomas resident to hand over himself to the authorities, is said to be devastated by the tragic news.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App