Guyanese national Sachiel Sundaba Peters is due to appear in court on Wednesday on several drugs charges.
The 37-year-old was interviewed by police when she arrived on the island by air from Trinidad and Tobago on July 25, and referred to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital where she passed 102 packages of cocaine weighing 1.5 kg.
She was charged with possession of cocaine, possession with intent to supply; trafficking and importation.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App