The One Love show was dubbed ‘The Ultimate Crop Over climax’ and that it was.
Last night thousands of soca lovers converged at the Concorde Experience for the highly anticipated show, which also served as a prelude to today’s Grand Kadooment.
The crowd was in a cruising mood as the local acts, the best of Crop Over 2016, got them ready for what was to come. The likes of Biggie Irie, Shaquille, Joaquin, Hypasounds, Gynner, Damien Marvay, King Bubba and Nikita, Lil Rick, Stiffy, Marzville, Xcel, and Peter Ram did their best to hype up the soca hungry crowd.
Once the local acts were through, the crowd was ready for the man they all came to see, the energy God Machel Montano.
There was an extended 45-minute break for a band change, but the crowd seemed not to mind waiting for the ‘Monk Montief’ to grace the stage.
He performed hit after hit including Haunted, Like A Boss, Fog, Happiest Man Alive, Mr Fete, Drinking Rum and several others.
Included in his two hour set were the Afrobeat boss WizKid and Runtown out of Nigeria. Their popular tune Bend Down Pause, has been blowing up the airwaves for months now and the crowd was more than delighted to see them perform live.
Other overseas acts coming on during Machel’s set were Voice, Skinny Fabulous, and Angela Hunte who added to the already brilliant show put on by Machel and the One Love dancers.
The promoters promised a grand show to rival all others and they delivered, from the smooth park and ride system to the easy access to bars and food stations to the spectacular show. (DB)
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App