Rene Ratcliffe was passionate about Crop Over.
Speaking at the official launch of Jump Promotions back in in May, she said her love for the festival drives her to design eye-catching costumes each year.
“My heart and soul goes into the band and I make sure that people are happy with their costumes.”
Her design this year was guided by the theme, Happy Go Lucky in celebration of the fun side of life.
“I picked out different themes like Jackpot, which would make you happy to win, or Three Wishes like if you rubbed Aladdin’s lamp. Everything is about feeling lucky,” Ratcliffe said.
Ratcliffe collapsed shortly after her presentation at the National Stadium this morning. She later died at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- Mobile App