The Police Marine Unit and the Coast Guard resume their search this morning for a man still missing at sea.
The man said to be in his 20’s was among 600 patrons attending a cruise on the Harbour Master held by Island Republic last night.
According to the police, the man disappeared 100 metres off the Signal Station at the Bridgetown Port around 9 p.m. on the return leg of the cruise.
Director of the Island Republic Jamal Slocombe last night confirmed that the passenger was missing but he told Barbados TODAY it was unclear whether the man had jumped or fallen off the vessel.
Investigations are continuing.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- THE BAHAMAS - Together in grief
- Mobile App