Akil William Grant, 30, of #2 Blades Hill, St Philip will appear in court today on a string of charges including murder.
He is accused of killing Michael Mapp, 42, from the same community between May 18th and May 24th .
Mapp’s body was discovered in a shallow grave in a cane field at Bayfield in the same parish on May 24.
An autopsy revealed that he died from gunshot wounds.
Grant is also facing charges of entering the country illegally by sea between Jan 1 and 31 this year.
He has also been charged with possession, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and cultivation of cannabis.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App