A St Thomas woman is due to return to court on December 2 to answer to several charges, including using insulting language and threatening words towards a police officer.
Twenty-four-year-old Akiba Ashley Bruce of 11 Stanton Path, Bagatelle Gardens, St Thomas, was arrested and charged with obstructing police in the execution of duty, resisting and assault in the execution of duty, and using insulting language and threatening words.
The offences were committed on Wednesday at Cemetery Road, Sunset Crest, St James, where police were on duty assisting with crowd control at the interment of Jamar Grazette.
Lawmen say they had the occasion to speak with a young man when Bruce intervened and committed the offences.
She appeared before the Holetown Magistrates Court yesterday where she pleaded guilty to obstruction and resisting arrest.
She pleaded not guilty to the other offences and was granted bail in the sum of $3,000 with one surety to reappear in court on December 2.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App