A tropical wave is affecting Barbados tonight.
According to the Miami-based National Hurricane Center (NHC), the weather system is accompanied by a broad area of low pressure located about 300 miles east of the Lesser Antilles, and continues to produce disorganised showers and thunderstorms.
The NHC says while the wave is producing winds just below tropical storm force, environmental conditions are only marginally conducive for any additional development of this system while it moves westward at 15 to 20 miles per hour.
Heavy rainfall and gusty winds, possibly to tropical storm force, are expected over portions of the Lesser Antilles overnight and continuing through Sunday night.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App