More rain can be expected today as Barbados continues to feel the effects of a tropical wave which is affecting the Lesser Antilles.
The Miami-based National Hurricane Center (NHC) says the weather system is producing a large area of cloudiness and showers, and winds to near tropical storm force.
In its latest forecast, the NHC says upper level winds are not expected to be conducive for significant development of this disturbance while it moves westward at 15 to 20 miles per hour through the Caribbean Sea this week.
However the wave is expected to produce locally heavy rainfall and gusty winds over portions of the Lesser Antilles through early Monday.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App