Jamaican national, Kenneth Shawn Myers, is due to appear in court today on several drugs charges following his arrest at the Grantley Adams International Airport.
Myers, 32, arrived on the island on Friday, and having cleared immigration he was stopped and interviewed by the police.
He was then referred to customs where an examination of his suitcase revealed five packages of cannabis wrapped in brown tape concealed in a false compartment. The drugs weighed 3.4 kg with an estimated street value of Bds $27,200.
Myers was subsequently charged with possession of cannabis, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation.
He is expected to appear before the District B Magistrate court today.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App