A flood watch is now in effect for western and north western sections of the island until 6:00 p.m today.
The Barbados Meteorological services says a combination of light winds, strong daytime heating and an abundance of moisture are generating cloudy skies, some moderate to heavy showers and isolated thunderstorms over the northern half of the island.
Director of the Met Service, Hampden Lovell has urged residents in flood prone areas to exercise caution and remain alert.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App