Officials of the National Assistance Board (NAB) have rushed to the rescue of a Britton’s Hill, St Michael resident whose chattel house collapsed just over an hour ago.
NAB Chairman Dr David Durant and other officials, including representatives of the Urban Development Commission, responded this afternoon to the urgent plight of 67-year-old Maureen Scantlebury.
Scantlebury, whose home was badly in need of repair and who had been appealing to the authorities for help for sometime now, was taking an outside bath when the collapse of her home occurred.
Durant, who is a Government Senator and a church leader, told Barbados TODAY that immediate efforts would be made to provide her with temporary accommodation.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App