After spending just under six months behind bars, Lasonta Katrina Gill, the mother of Jahan King was today released on $20,000 bail with one surety.
Gill and her boyfriend Dwayne Alistair Marshall who were jointly charged with manslaughter, in relation to the death of six-year-old King, appeared before Magistrate Kristie Cuffy-Sargeant in the #2 District “A” court.
The heavily pregnant Gill was ordered to surrender her travel documents and report to the District “A” police station every Tuesday and Thursday before 3.00 p.m.
However, Marshall was denied bail and remanded to Her Majesty’s Prison Dodds due to an internal matter involving a prison officer.
Gill and Marshall will re-appear in court on October 18.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App