Springer Memorial Secondary School will be commemorating this island’s 50th anniversary of Independence with a human chain link of over 1,500 students.
The event takes place on Wednesday, October 12, under the theme: Unity in de Community.
Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave is expected to join the procession, which gets under way at 9 a.m. along Government Hill, Pine Hill and Plantation Road.
It will also involve students from the Charles F. Broome Memorial, Erdiston Nursery, George Lamming, The Ann Hill School, Belmont Primary, Wilkie Cumberbatch, Hill Top, The St Michael School and St Winfred’s School.
Members of the public are encouraged to come out and show support.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App