Police have arrested and jointly charged 40-year-old Roger Alex Smith and 33-year-old Rommel Anwar Smith, both of Parish Land, Christ Church, with possession of cannabis, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and cultivation.
Police said the offences were committed on October 10 at Parish Land, Christ Church.
Lawmen executed a search warrant at the residence of Roger Smith and found him and his brother at the residence. A search was conducted and 30 cannabis plants were discovered. A further check also revealed a quantity of loose cannabis with a total weight of 741.83 grammes.
Rommel Anwar Smith faces an additional charge of possession of one round of ammunition.
Both accused appeared before the District ‘B’ Magistrates’ Court today where they pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Rommel was remanded to Her Majesty’s Prison Dodds to reappear in court on November 9, while his older brother Roger was granted bail in the sum of $3,000 with one surety to return to court on December 7.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App