Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the unnatural death of a five-year-old boy this evening at a residence in Coverley, Christ Church.
Public Relations Officer, Inspector Roland Cobbler says preliminary investigations suggest that the boy was attending a birthday pool party around 5:20 p.m. and was in the pool playing with a number of children.
He was later observed motionless with his face down in the water. He was pulled from the water, CPR was administered and an ambulance was summoned.
The child was subsequently rushed to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App