International superstar Rihanna will be home to celebrate the island’s 50th anniversary of Independence in a big way.
She will open the Golden Anniversary Spectacular Mega Concert with a rendition of the National Anthem accompanied by a choir of primary school students on Independence Day at the Garrison Savannah at 8 p.m.
Prime Minister Freundel Stuart made the announcement today as he outlined a full programme of activities marking the jubilee celebrations.
Other events include the Prime Minister’s Dinner and Ball- One Golden Moment in Time – A Celebration of Excellence on November 25 and the One People, One Barbados Human Chain Link on November 28 and the 50th Anniversary Independence Day Parade.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App