Police have arrested and charged two Colombians in connection with a number of fraud related offences committed between October 17 and 18. They are 27-year-old Jorge Luis Cruz Rodriguez and 23-year-old Valentina Cardona Lopez.
Rodriquez was charged with three counts of criminal deception, one count of endeavouring to obtain, one count of going equipped and one count of money laundering.
Lopez was charged with one case of criminal deception.
The duo arrived in Barbados on October 12 and visited a number of businesses on October 17 and 18 where they purchased various items with the use of fraudulent Visa and Master Cards.
They appeared before Chief Magistrate Christopher Birch in the District ‘C’ Magistrate Court today and pleaded guilty to the offences. Both were remanded to prison to reappear in court on November 7 for sentencing.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App