Police have arrested and charged 54-year-old Jeffrey William Chandler of Ivy, St Michael for the offences of unlawful possession of a firearm, and unlawful possession of ammunition. Both offences were committed on Saturday, October 22 at Kew Road, Bank Hall, St Michael.
The police said that around 12:40 a.m. officers were on mobile patrol duty when they saw Chandler in the company of another man. On seeing the police he began to fidget with his pants, and this aroused their suspicion. The police requested permission to conduct a search of his person which was granted. While conducting the search, they discovered a black pouch around his waist under his pants. A search of the pouch subsequently revealed a firearm and six rounds of ammunition.
Chandler was subsequently arrested and charged. He appeared before the District ‘A’ Magistrate Court today and was remanded to prison to reappear in court on November 21.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App