St Andrew MP George Payne is the new chairman of the opposition Barbados Labour Party (BLP).
Payne succeeds Opposition Leader Mia Mottley, who has completed three consecutive terms as party chair, and under the BLP’s constitution was therefore not eligible for another term.
The only other contestant, St Thomas MP Cynthia Forde, withdrew from the race, leaving Payne as the sole candidate offering himself for the position.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App