Police have arrested and charged 55-year-old Desmond Tyrone Branker of School Lane, Hall Road, St Michael with unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of 72 rounds of ammunition, unlawful possession of cocaine, two counts of unlawful possession of apparatus, unlawful possession of cannabis, possession of cannabis with intent to supply, and trafficking of cannabis.
At around 2:00 a.m. on Sunday, police officers were on duty along Green Field, St Michael where the accused was seen. During a search, a ziploc bag containing a quantity of cocaine and an apparatus for the use of drugs were discovered. Further investigations were conducted which resulted in the firearm, ammunition, and a quantity of cannabis being discovered.
He appeared in the District ‘A’ Magistrate Court, where he was remanded to prison to reappear on November 16.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App