The Barbados Meteorological Office has issued a flood warning for the island following persistent rainfall overnight and this morning. Residents in flood-prone areas are advised to continue to exercise caution.
A statement issued this morning said over the last several hours a trough system interacting with the Inter Tropical Convergence Zone has been generating cloudy to overcast skies, pockets of moderate to heavy showers, periods of rain and occasional gusty winds across Barbados.
The Met office added that some flash flooding has already been reported and these conditions are expected to persist during the morning, with a gradual improvement likely by afternoon.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App