Parts of Barbados experienced flash flooding today following heavy overnight rains.
One area, Goodland Gardens Christ Church, was under flood waters as a result of the downpours.
The persistent showers continued this morning, prompting the Barbados Meteorological Office to issue a flood warning, which was discontinued at midday.
The latest forecast from the Met Office said weak, unstable conditions are affecting the island tonight. The weather is expected to be generally cloudy with a few showers, light rain and the chance of isolated thunderstorms.
Winds are east to east southeasterly at 20 to 35 kilometers per hour. Seas are moderate in open water with swells from one to two meters.
According to the Met Office, is expected to be partly cloudy to cloudy with a few showers, intermittent light rain and the chance of isolated thunderstorms.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App