SOURCE- Jamaica Observer- KINGSTON – Police officers assigned to the Narcotics Division are reporting the seizure of 20 pounds of ganja and the arrest of a woman for breaches of the Dangerous Drug Act at the Norman Manley International Airport yesterday.
Reports are that about 12:45 pm, the woman checked-in to board an outgoing flight for Barbados when she was apprehended on reasonable suspicion.
She was subsequently searched and the ganja allegedly found in a false compartment of her luggage.
The police say her name is being withheld pending further investigations and that arrangements are now being made for her to be questioned in the presence of her attorney.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App