A number of people were taken into police custody following a shooting incident at Clifton Hall, St John in the wee hours of this morning.
According to police, officers from the Tactical Response Unit, Major Crime and Criminal Investigation Department South were conducting an operation at an unauthorized fete in the area when they were fired upon by a number of male occupants in a car.
Police fired back but the culprits escaped.
The officers subsequently seized a quantity of firearms and ammunition.
The Royal Barbados Police Force reiterated concerns about the increasing use of illegal firearms.
The force appealed to the public to use the anonymous means available to pass any information relating to persons in possession of illegal firearms, or areas where illegal firearms are being concealed.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App