Hundreds of Barbadians converged on the Bay Street Esplanade opposite Government Headquarters this evening for the Barbados Rally to campaign for the maintenance of the traditional family and in celebration of this country’s 50th Anniversary of Independence.
The rally being held under the theme, Family, Freedom and Faith brings together churches from across the island to hear a variety of local speakers and the United States as well as performances by top local gospel artistes.
The throng of worshippers started the evening singing songs of praise led by a worship team.
In his opening remarks Dr Marlon Husbands declared marriage ought to be between a man and woman and stressed there were two genders – male and female.
He received thunderous applause for this declaration.
Among the dignitaries attending the evenare Minister of Social Care Steve Blackette and Senator David Durant. (EJ)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App