Prime Minister Freundel Stuart has congratulated president-elect of the United States Donald Trump on his recent victory at the polls.
In correspondence sent to Trump, Stuart said: “The people of the United States of America have voted for your agenda for change and entrusted you with the very important mandate of advancing their economic and social aspirations.”
The Prime Minister said Barbados was committed to building on its longstanding relationship with the US and stood ready to partner with the US on issues of mutual concern.
“My Government and I look forward to working closely with you and the members of your administration on initiatives of mutual interest to our countries, especially pertaining to climate change, energy security, general security matters, sustainable development and the enhancement of trade relations,” Stuart said.
He offered Trump his very best wishes as he seeks to realize the ambitions that he enunciated for the growth and development of the US. (BGIS)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App