Passengers at the island’s air and seaports faced delays today as a result of a go-slow by Customs and Immigration Officers.
The action followed a meeting with their bargaining agent, the National Union of Public Workers (NUPW).
General Secretary, Roslyn Smith said the officers put forward a number of grievances which the union plans to present to the Chief Immigration Officer by next week.
She said the go-slow is expected to continue until Monday.
Recent Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App