Dignitaries, members of the diplomatic corps, visitors and citizens paid tribute to Barbadian soldiers who fought in the First and Second World Wars at this morning’s Remembrance Day parade and service held in National Heroes Square.
Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave was first to pay tribute by laying a wreath at the Cenotaph.
He was followed by Prime Minister Freundel Stuart, Leader of the Opposition Mia Mottley, members of the military and para-military, as well as the diplomatic corps.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App