A group of residents of Spring Terrace, Enterprise, Christ Church are reporting they have been without water for the past five days due to a burst pipe .
In an email sent to Barbados TODAY, the residents said they have contacted the Barbados Water Authority’s Customer Service but the matter has not yet been addressed.
“Despite several daily calls to the BWA’s Customer Service and a personal visit to their Bay Street office on Wednesday, we are still without water. No water tank has been dispatched.
“This group of residents are not youngsters and have no transport so it is not possible to ‘go get water’. The nearest standpipe was locked off due to a personal dispute several years ago,” the email said.
The residents also said the water is still flowing in the area.
When contacted, the BWA’s communication specialist Joy-Ann Haigh told Barbados TODAY she was unaware of the situation however the matter will be investigated and a tanker will be deployed to the area immediately.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App