A 19-year-old Canadian visitor was remanded to Dodds after pleading guilty to several drug related offences at the District ‘B’ Magistrate Court this morning.
Yasin Hasan has been charged with possession of cannabis, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation of cannabis.
Hasan was arrested shortly after arriving at the Grantley Adams International Airport on Saturday after custom officers searched his luggage and found 20 plastic bags containing the drug weighing five kilogrammes.
He will be sentenced on Thursday.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App