A flood warning has been issued for Barbados.
The advisory, issued by the Barbados Meteorological Office, says the combination of a low-level trough and the Inter-Tropical Convergence Zone has been generating pockets of moderate to heavy showers and periods of rain across the island during the last few hours.
These conditions are expected to persist during the afternoon, with some improvement likely into tonight.
The Met office said rainfall accumulations of at least two to three inches are possible, and residents in flood-prone areas should take the necessary precautions.
The advisory is expected to be updated at 6:00 p.m. or earlier, if conditions warrant.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App