Unionised workers at the Grantley Adams International Airport are off the job at this hour.
Barbados TODAY understands that some employees are picketing outside the airport, to protest the recent breakdown in pay negotiations between management of the airport and the National Union of Public Workers.
Despite the protests, flights into and out of the island are said to be operating as normal.
Recent Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App