Veteran educator Matthew Farley has passed away.
Matthew Farley, who retired in August 2014, after more than 40 years teaching, joined the teaching service in 1973.
He has taught at the St John’s Mixed School, Vauxhall Primary, St. Lawrence and Ellerton Primary.
He was also the principal at St. Mary’s Primary from 1996-2003 and was appointed as the principal of the Garrison Secondary School, now Graydon Sealy, in 2003.
Farley also served as a former deputy general secretary of the Barbados Union of Teachers, President of The Association of Public Primary School Principals and Chairman and Founder of the National Forum on Education.
Farley was awarded the Barbados National Service Star in January this year for his outstanding contribution to the development of education.
(more details to follow)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App