Business magnate Bjorn Ferdinand Bjerkhamn is elated to receive Barbados’ fourth highest national honour, the Silver Crown of Merit in this year’s Independence Day Honours.
“It is humbling. It is extremely good that Barbados has seen what I am doing. It is fantastic,” said Bjerkhamn, whose operations have grown over the past 46 years into more than 40 different businesses, generating employment for an estimated 3,500 people.
The 72-year-old businessman thanked the Government for recognizing his efforts which included developing the Jada Group of Companies, the Preconco Group of Companies and Spring Homes Limited.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App