Electricity was still being restored to a number of communities affected by power outages following yesterday’s heavy rains.
According to Barbados Light and Power (BL&P) Manager of Communication and Government Relations Jackie Marshall- Clarke customers in St Philip, particularly Union, Woodbourne and Welches are still without power. Electricity was cut in those areas after a poll fell in the Crane around 12.30 p.m. yesterday.
Marshall- Clarke also told Barbados TODAY, a fallen poll in Sturges, St Thomas had disrupted electricity service in that parish along with St Joseph and St Andrew. She noted that power was being gradually restored to those communities.
She stressed that the BL&P was tackling the issue “case by case”, noting that has additional crews have been despatched to affected areas.
“We apologise for the inconvenience to our customers who experienced no supply and as always we continue our efforts to restore as quickly and as safely as possible,” Marshall-Clarke assured.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App