Thirteen people were injured in a three-vehicle smash-up involving a minibus and two private motor cars at Taitt Hill, St George this evening.
Five people, including the driver of one of the vehicles who was listed in critical condition, had to be transported to hospital by ambulance.
Eight other people were treated at the scene.
The minibus, driven by 40-year-old Nigel Burrowes of Cherry Grove, St John, was carrying 24 passengers and was on route to Sargeant Street, St John when the collision occurred.
Five doctors, one nurse, one orderly, four ambulances, two fire tenders and six fire officers responded to the mass casualty situation.
The road was temporarily closed off, as a small crowd gathered at the scene.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App