Police are investigating a stabbing incident, which left Mario Alain, 26, of Country Road, St Michael with multiple wounds about the body.
Alain, a security guard employed at the tertiary institution at Hothersal, St John was involved in an altercation with one of the students at the institution around 12:15 p.m.
The student returned to the compound ten minutes later and stabbed him several times.
Alain is currently receiving medical treatment at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
The suspect is in police custody assisting with the investigations.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App