Police in Jamaica have charged a 47-year-old medical assistant in connection with the disappearance of a one-day-old baby girl from the University Hospital of the West Indies (UHWI) yesterday.
The medical assistant, Lorna Williams, who is from Mountain View Avenue in Kingston 2, was today charged with child abduction.
Police say the baby was found in Williams’ care in Rollington Town some five hours after she was reported missing.
In a statement yesterday, Chairman of the Board of the University Hospital of the West Indies James Moss Solomon said at approximately 10:30 am, they were alerted to the fact that there was a missing baby from Ward 11. (Jamaica Observer)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App