Trinidadian national Dexter Taylor is expected to appear in the District A Magistrates court today on several drug charges.
Taylor, 54, arrived at the Grantley Adams International Airport yesterday, where he was interviewed by police after clearing immigration. He was subsequently referred to Customs Officers who searched his luggage and discovered three packages of cocaine in false compartments in a haversack he was carrying.
Taylor was later arrested and formally charged with possession of cocaine, possession with intent to supply, trafficking cocaine and importation of cocaine.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App