Police say close to 600 cannabis plants were seized on Saturday in a major illegal drug eradication operation, involving members of the Drug Squad, the Tactical Response Unit and the Barbados Defence Force.
The majority of the seizures were made at Vaughn Land, St Joseph, where 547 plants were discovered. Twenty plants were also seized at Welch Village, St John and another 25 at Gingerworks, St Joseph, making for a total of 592 cannabis plants, ranging from one to 12 feet in height.
However, no arrests were made.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App