A 29-year-old woman is due to appear in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court this morning after she was nabbed at the Bridgetown Port last Thursday on two firearm offences.
Skye Yasmin Lecreta Murray of Perry Gap, Roebuck Street, St Michael reportedly went to the Bridgetown Port to clear a barrel labelled personal effects. During a search by Customs officers, five disassembled firearms were discovered concealed among food stuff in the barrel.
The matter was reported to the police and Murray was taken into custody and subsequently arrested and formally charged with importation and possession of firearms.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- Mobile App