A 40-year-old St Lucian national is due to appear in the District ‘B’ Magistrates’ Court today after he was nabbed at the Grantley Adams International Airport on arrival from Castries last Tuesday.
Police say a search of Alfred Wayne Simeon’s luggage and person revealed two transparent wrapped packages containing one kilogramme of powdered cocaine concealed in his underwear. The estimated street value of the drugs is $50,000.
Simeon was later referred to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital where he passed out 14 taped packages containing 185 grammes of powdered cocaine with an estimated street value of $9,250.
Simeon now faces four charges of unlawful possession of cocaine, unlawful possession of cocaine with intent to supply, trafficking cocaine and importation of cocaine.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App