A 29-year-old woman has been remanded to jail after she was nabbed at the Bridgetown Port last Thursday on two firearm offences.
Skye Yasmin Lecreta Murray of Perry Gap, Roebuck Street, St Michael reportedly went to the Bridgetown Port to clear a barrel labelled personal effects. During a search by Customs officers, five disassembled firearms were discovered concealed among food stuff in the barrel.
The matter was reported to the police and Murray was taken into custody and subsequently arrested and formally charged with importation and possession of firearms.
This morning, Murray appeared in the District ‘A’ Court before Magistrate Douglas Frederick but was not required to plead to the indictable offence.
She was remanded until January 12.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App